Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Remainder of the Magical Road Trip Adventure


Left Willa at 7 a.m. Monday morning. Picked up Poop Bags Don saved for me and was on my way to Gig Harbor. Took 3 hours or so and then Patti O and I were on our way south. Sharing the driving we headed south on I-5 and stopped overnight at the Valley View Motel in Canyonville, Oregon. Great room, 2 queen beds, Fridge, Microwave and TV for $80 including the dog fee of $20. I will definitely keep this in mind for any trips north. Good area for dog walks and a picnic table overlooking the river.

Dinner from the cooler and then coffee on Tuesday before heading south to Klamath River rest stop for our brunch. Sharing the driving we arrived at Dairyville between 3 and 4 p.m. I took a cat nap while Patti fixed dinner then at 5 p.m. decided to head for home.

No hesitation. Harder on Min and Max than on me. After all 10-12 hours in the car wears the nerves thin. Happy to be home in our own bed surrounded by all that is known. The ascent of the staircase was a challenge especially since I tried to carry everything I needed upstairs in one trip. I descend the stairs by scooting down one step at a time. That is basically the only secure way I can do it.

The plan for the day is to eat light, rest up, make the dogs feel at home get the garden watered and make a plan for what I might be able to achieve without stressing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment