Saturday, August 29, 2009

Awake at 2 a.m.

For several mornings now I've woken up around 2-3 a.m. Part of the problem is ankle pain, part restless dogs, part neighborhood noise. The neighbor just turned down her radio. I can't complain because I had my TV on until a few moments ago and I am sure that noise carries too.

Today the dogs will get bathed and treated professionally for the flea problem or whatever it is that has irritated their skin. Max is just raw and Hydrocortisone and Sulfadene are not working for him. I'm beginning to suspect it is something they came in contact with on the trip. I know that fleas were a problem at Willa's but they were 'protected' beforehand and should not have reacted this much from fleas. It seems more like a food allergy than anything else. I've started brushing Minnie and that seems to help her settle a bit. I will have to force the issue today and try to get as much fur off her as possible. She can always wear a sweater instead of a fur coat.

Missed the OLLI Open House since I was unable to volunteer. I will most likely enroll online for the classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment