Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Unfinished Business

Awoke at 3 a.m. from the underlying tension created by the move. Got up and packed a few things, folded the flannel sheets I washed yesterday. Packed away a couple of lamps in a clothing box. Set aside clothing and chachkes for Goodwill. Packed up the dog box and a plastic container of bathroom items.

Need:
1. packing tape (3 rolls)
2. book boxes (4)
3. picture boxes (2)

Today Willa will help me with the last 2 rooms. Very difficult for me to make those hard decisions about letting go of the excess. Chris offered to make the Goodwill run(s). I have actually collected some stuff for that purpose.

Had to move to Plan B. Robin's father has been moved to ICU and his future is not promising. I thanked her for her generous offer of help but the timing is just not good for her and she doesn't need the additional stress.

Fortunately Kay and Peggy are up for the drive south. One of them will drive my car and one of them will drive their car. I will drive the UHaul unless Kay wrests it away from me. I'm not sure which would make me more comfortable. The car will be packed to the gills with suitcase, CPAP, Camera, food box and who knows what else. They will drive over Wednesday night and we'll get out of here Thursday on our own schedule.

I just confirmed pickup of the UHaul at 9 a.m. tomorrow morning.

With Willa's help I was able to get a LOT of packing done today. Lots more than I thought I had to go. Now I'm sorting through papers in the office with an eye to getting rid of what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment