Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Late January Surprise

The Suet Feeder is empty and not all that inviting with snow on the roof and porch. The accumulation is much more evident on the shrubbery.

My personal favorites are the feathery boughs laden with snow.

I was up from 4 to 6 a.m. when I couldn't get back to sleep after having a short nightmare about the I.R.S. How they continue to plague me now that I only get Refunds is beyond me but they were what woke me from a sound sleep. Walked and fed the dogs, had some breakfast and diddled with the computer then went back to sleep from 6 to 9 a.m. I awoke to a Winter Wonderland. Steady snowfall for a few hours now and we've accumulated more than an inch that looks as if it might stay. Forecasters have rain to follow so it shouldn't be much of an inconvenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment