Sunday, October 25, 2009

MICE!


I watched with delight as Max stalked and caught the 1st mouse. He was outside and focused on the bird seed that had fallen on the ground. Max was happy to catch and kill it and began patrolling its pathway from the garage to the house. I vowed to buy traps to deal with the problem but still haven't done that a week later.

Now I've seen 3 mice inside the house. The 1st scampered under the stove to get away from behind the cabinets. It was next found hiding behind a box and I let Max catch and kill it. Max has now TASTED BLOOD. I'm not sure that is a good thing.

Today as I washed last night's dishes a slightly larger gray mouse ran along the counter behind the sink and down behind the fridge. I next saw him scurrying along the dining room wall headed for shelter in the storage closet.

The plan is to 1st buy Door Sweeps for the Storage Closet door and the Garage door. I will then place Peppermint Oil soaked cotton balls in the closet and in the garage. Supposedly it creates a hostile environment for the mice. The garage will have to be cleaned out and secured to whatever extent possible.

Steel Wool stuffed in access holes should keep them out of the house and garage and hopefully the Peppermint will repel them.

Whether or not they have found shelter in unpacked boxes is a current mystery. Max has already torn apart one box which was headed for the sewing room. I will get into that box to see if there is the start of a nest (or mouse pee). Time to convert to Plastic Storage Containers for those things I just have to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment