Monday, October 12, 2009

Breakfast at Amber and Kyle's


Cory picked my brains about growing up in the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s while Amber and 'big' John Mz fixed breakfast. We had a delicious Smoked Salmon Salsa on Ciabatta and Onion Bagels with roasted veggies and avocado. I finally met the 'enemy' and he wasn't all that terrifying.

Cory will spend a few hours here today helping me out in the front yard. My goal is to fix a place for the Garbage Can 'Garage' and level the gravel in the front yard and get it all tamped down and settled in for the winter. Bought Concrete Cloverleaf Pavers for the Garbage Garage and contrasting stepping stones for the Zen Gravel Garden. Raked the gravel and started on the garbage can area. Transplanted the Jasmine and Foxglove to the West Side Fence area. Watered it all down to get the 'settling' started. Tomorrow the paver area gets completed.

Finished Karin's Devil Hat for Halloween and now I am starting on a green one for her friend Sam.

I have a skein of Lion Wool in Lemongrass which should be perfect for his use. Then I will get started on a 3rd hat for Tracie. I really should knit up a bunch of these to give away as Christmas gifts to my widening circle of 'followers'.

No comments:

Post a Comment