Thursday, May 7, 2009

Moved to California

The only room of the house that is 'organized' and ready for sharing pictures.


The UHaul was packed top to bottom and front to back with all my worldly goods on Wednesday and Thursday and left Vancouver for Roseburg at 3 p.m. on the 30th. I spent the remainder of that day gathering bits and pieces and cleaning the apartment. Had dinner with Willa and spent one last night with her.

I drove straight through on Friday arriving in Arcata 30 minutes behind the truck. Excitably I came to the Townhouse to discover the floor was not finished and table saws were still in the living room and laundry room. I immediately rescheduled the moving help for Tuesday.

Saturday became a free day so Peg and I decided to visit our Cousin Carole in Fortuna. Her daughter called to let us know that Carole was hospitalized and failing fast. We spent the last 1.5 hours with Chris in Carole's room. Her passing was gentle and quiet. I seem to deal with death issues quite well. Stuck in the 5th grade memories for awhile but know this was for the best.

Sunday another basically free day so we went to Samoa Cookhouse for lunch and visited the Arcata Marsh. Not many photographic opportunities there but we certainly enjoyed our lunch.

Monday Peg and Kay left for home and I came over to the Townhouse to see what I might be able to accomplish before the Moving Help arrives. I spent the night on the floor sleeping on a futon pad with the dogs. Comfy enough, I guess, and cheaper than a motel.

Tuesday the truck is unloaded and I start unpacking boxes and putting stuff away.

Karin's room is setup and looks great. All it needs now is a new light fixture.

The Stove, Fridge and Microhood are functioning well. 2 toilets remain to be installed tomorrow and next week the carpet will go onto the stairs and the rest of the small fixes will be up to me.

Lots of work ahead of me to get the house functioning in an organized manner but I am up to the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment